Chicken Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, and Kale
– Olive oil
– 2 pounds of chicken cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
– salt and pepper.
– 1/2 cup diced red onion.
– 1 medium red bell pepper diced and deseeded.
– 1 tsp garlic powder.
– 1/2 cup chicken broth.
– 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 25-30 ounces total).
– 6 ounces kale destemmed.
1. Heat 1 Tbsp Olive oil over medium heat in 12″ skillet.
2. Add chicken to skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to let chicken sizzle and cook until fully done, flipping every few minutes.
3. Move chicken to a bowl, leaving as much liquid in the skillet as possible. Add olive oil if the skillet is dry.
4. Add onion, peppers, and garlic powder to skillet. Cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent and tender (about 5-10 minutes).
5. Add sweet potatoes and broth to skillet and cooked (covered) about 10 minutes, stir once or twice.
6. Add kale to skillet, allow to wilt for a few minutes before adding chicken and stirring all together.